In many instances, we review an existing structure only to find that there are several failure points:
- The deck was not permitted and therefore not built to code or inspected.
- The attachment to the house is incorrect and creates catastrophic failure leading to injury or death.
- Incorrect footings (depth, circumference, attachment, or lack thereof)
- Undersized or wrong framing members used.
- Stairs and handrails are not up to code.
When any or all of the points of concern are identified, it is almost always recommended that we rebuild the entire structure.